OVH Community, your new community space.

Dedicated server van 2.99e

PS4ALL
30-07-13, 12:54
Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door dennusb
When i install Hyper-V on the 16G server, how can i access my servers? I have only one ipv4 address?
Hooguit met NAT lijkt mij. Extra IP's zijn in de KS range niet beschikbaar. Als je genoeg hebt aan IPv6 access, zou je IPv6 tunnel kunnen opzetten en de VM's beschikbaar maken via IPv6.

dennusb
30-07-13, 12:33
When i install Hyper-V on the 16G server, how can i access my servers? I have only one ipv4 address?

nexxion
28-07-13, 16:53
Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door OVH-NL
Ons assemblage/recycling-team werkt ook in het weekend door en het kan dus ook zo zijn, dat een bestelde server in het weekend voor u opgeleverd wordt.

De KS 2G-servers worden vanaf maandag aan onze klanten opgeleverd.
ik wacht ook nog steeds op mn 32G mSP server.. Donderdag al besteld had heb vandaag wel echt nodig

OVH-NL
28-07-13, 16:47
Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door PS4ALL
Wordt de achterstand van reeds bestelde servers ook op Zondag trouwens nog verwerkt ?
Ons assemblage/recycling-team werkt ook in het weekend door en het kan dus ook zo zijn, dat een bestelde server in het weekend voor u opgeleverd wordt.

De KS 2G-servers worden vanaf maandag aan onze klanten opgeleverd.

PS4ALL
28-07-13, 13:07
Wordt de achterstand van reeds bestelde servers ook op Zondag trouwens nog verwerkt ?

OVH-NL
27-07-13, 23:25
Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door PS4ALL
What about current customers which have the mKS 2G ?
They pay about € 9,99 will their price become lower like € 2,99 per month will they get a individual offer or something like that ?!
There are some differences between the old and new mKS 2G:

You will not be able to add failover IP-addresses to the new Isgenoeg/Kimsufi-serie any more and we don't offer software support by phone or email for these products.

Our target for this product is to offer a dedicated server affordable for everyone: For testing, education and other non-critical purposes.

This way we also make a clear distinction to our professional dedicated server series.

If you have an "old Isgenoeg" server at this moment, you're free to choose a server from this new serie if this suits your needs.

PS4ALL
25-07-13, 23:27
What about current customers which have the mKS 2G ?
They pay about € 9,99 will their price become lower like € 2,99 per month will they get a individual offer or something like that ?!

oles@ovh.net
25-07-13, 18:10
Hello,

We have just opened the largest data centre in Europe able to host more than 350,000 servers. It's called GRA, which is located in Gravelines (Northern France https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravelines). The work took several months and the DC has been operational for the last 3 months for our internal needs.

We worked on the new Kimsufi version in secrecy with one goal: to offer a real dedicated server for less than £5. After 6 months of work, we are able to launch the server for ..... £2.49/month only! We completely reviewed the hardware, the electrical infrastructure and the network for maximum redundancy but reduce the costs as well. For example, we are no longer using UPS but 3 batteries in each rack that feeds in parallel a220V/12V rectifier which supplies servers directly to 12V. This is only one example of the innovations that we have put in place to fix particular problems with KS-2G. Unfortunately all these tips don't apply to other ranges of servers.

The range
--------
We have 3 servers in the KS range:

KS-2G powered with ATOM, 2G of RAM, a 500GB disk and a connection of 100Mbps. Price: £2.49/month.

We also offer a KS-4G 4GB of RAM, 2x500g raid soft for £9.99/month and KS-16G powered with i5 Core with 16G, VT and 2x1TB for £19.99/month.

PS. the payment of £2.99/month is very low and to avoid too important bank charges, the payment is for 3 months minimum.

We have changed the manner of routing servers to reduce the costs and it is no longer possible to order additional IP FO. It's a simple and quick routing, no option.

We will start deploying the servers early next week.

Why this server?